Sunday, March 1, 2009

Perl Code

Below is the Perl script I used to help me create an index to all of my MySpace blog entries so far. It extracts information from saved copies of the pages and spits out table entries I can use to help build the index.

Unfortunately, doubtless due to security concerns, the MySpace blog HTML editor scrambles certain characters if they are placed next to each other and refuses to encode a backslash.  So I had to resort to picture files to show the code in its proper form.

On the plus side, I found out tonight that MySpace has put up a bunch of songs on the profile for Front 242. I guess they've been slowly adding all artists and are now getting around to some of the more obscure ones I listen to, albeit obscure is a relative term.  I'm listening to the album Front By Front, which was first released the year I graduated high school, and then reissued the year I graduated college.  That means it is way old!





Sunday, March 01, 2009 

Category: Web, HTML, Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment