Sunday, December 20, 2009

Great December Snow Storm of 2009


Ah, snow.


Fortunate it was that I had no place to go, 'cause it snowed regardless. My car was clean the day before.


Just over 16 inches of global warming fell, making it the largest Decemeber snowfall from a single storm in over a century of recorded history, and the largest amount of snow for any 24 period in December, and the largest amount of snow on the ground during December.


At least we had a nice sunny day after to clean everything up.


My mother with a shovel, cleaning up the sidewalk a bit.


Someone plowed the lane we live on. It's a private road, so it never gets plowed by the county. I assume it was the church back the lane.


Fortunately, we don't have as far to go as some.


I cleaned off my Azera. This is probably as clean as it will get for the next five months. Sigh.


The Intrepid is just going to have to wait until I can get to it!


No grilling for a while, either.


I don't suppose we could pump enough heat to melt all this stuff, but that would be nice!


There were some little bird tracks in the snow.


There were some little brother tracks in the snow, too.


A path to the house next door.


My father working to clear its driveway.


Everything is covered in snow!


That's it for the great December snow storm of 2009!


Sunday, December 20, 2009 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment