Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mmm. Rallies. Tasty, Tasty, Rallies.


I am severely behind in my blogging here. So we're going to skip ahead a bit for a second just so I can talk about what I had for dinner tonight, which, as you can see, was Chick-fil-A. Tasty!


I had to stand in line for about 10 minutes, and it was about half an hour before I got my food. Not that I am complaining--there were a lot of people here. The drive-through basically spilled out of the parking lot, which was full. I had to park in the Home Depot parking lot. In spite of the ridiculous number of people, all of the people behind the counter were working together very well to serve all of their customers. And in spite of the zoo of people, I managed to find a table--and that table was clean. The floors were clean. And while I was eating, an employee offered to get me a refill on my drink.


By the way--did I mention that I was having dinner at a 9:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night? Or that I saw one of the owners, dustpan and broom in hand, sweeping up the floors and cleaning up the tables? Obama may not think they built their business, but I know better. While I was eating my sandwich, I was thinking back to last summer in Atlanta when I came across the Chick-fil-A van parked in the parking lot of the hotel I was staying at. That same trip I also found a geocache that was right next to a Chick-fil-A. For those that don't know why there is so much Chick-fil-A in Atlanta, the first Chick-fil-A was opened there in 1967. I finished up eating my dinner and headed out . . . past people who were still coming in. I think today was a good day for Chick-fil-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment