Monday, April 30, 2007

Why I do not like cities


OK, this is why I do not like cities. This minivan was parked in the Metro garage, which means that somewhere this person was riding the Metro, like I was. If I didn't have to go into the city, then I wouldn't have to ride the Metro, and if I didn't ride the Metro, then I would never have to come across this person or their minivan. That would suit me just fine.


This is the passenger side. I use that term loosely, since there is no room for a passenger. The passenger seat was piled up to the window with trash.


This is what it looks like from the front. Yes, that's a rake in the middle. This vehicle is dangerous in more ways than one.


This is the driver's seat. It was covered with what appeared to be a trash bag. There's irony in that, somewhere. Also, you can note the President's Day sale paper. I took this picture in April. President's Day is in February.


You can see in this picture that there are boxes of food & used plastic carryout containers amongst all the trash. You can't really see the flies that were circling around inside the minivan. You can't smell it, either. It wasn't the sight of it that first attracted me, it was the smell. Curiously enough, something had died in the garage, and that was the first thing I smelled. Then after I passed that, I walked by this minivan, which smelled like rotting garbage from 20 feet away. Which, of course, is exactly what it was full of.


One last picture. You can see that the Hawaiian Punch box is soaked through with something. Something rotting and seeping out through the box, no doubt. So the license plate had current tags, and the minivan was gone once I got back to the garage. That means that this person is probably working and riding the Metro. But if this person's minivan is any indication, that person is out of control and needs professional help.

Monday, April 30, 2007 

Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

No comments:

Post a Comment