Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Intrepid Part II


Remember my Intrepid? Here it is. You might notice the crossmember on top of the radiator is tilted up and to the left in this picture. That's not really the way it is supposed to look.


So, we get rid of that. I will need to get a new one of those, however, since it does convenient things like holding the hood down, holding the radiator in place, etc. With it gone, though, I'd say my car looks more or less like a normal Intrepid now! Except for that little ding on the front left fender (on the right side of the picture). It's a little hard to see in the picture, but eh . . . not so hard in real life.


Here again, this is mostly how things are supposed to look. Mostly. There is a small problem.


To get at that small problem, I had to take the radiator fan assembly out. Again. Sigh. I took it out last summer to replace the fan motors. It's horrid because the screws are nearly impossible to get to and you have to wrestle it out from where it sits. Or at least I do. I never wanted to take it out again. But out it had to come.



This is an extreme close-up of what should be a pulley wheel. It was once. Now I would say it most closely resembles the blade of a weed-whacker. I needed the room to pull this off and put a new one on. I really hope I do not have to pull anything else out. We'll see.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 


Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment