I went to have lunch with my friend Dan at Cici's the day before yesterday, a.k.a. Saturday. While we were paying for lunch, a cashier pointed out the window at some smoke. When it started coming up again a second time, I went out to my car, got my camera, and took this picture. Dan and I tried to find what it was but couldn't, although we were close. I found out from the Herald-Mail that it was a house at 17521 York Road in Halfway. According to the fireman they spoke to, the fire probably started in a laundry room and spread to the second floor of the house. It's too bad the house burned down, but at least nobody was hurt.
P.S.: Once again, the dark smudge was not present in real life. I just got the camera back from warranty repair for the same problem. Hopefully it was dirt on the lens this time. We'll see.
Monday, December 10, 2007