Saturday, June 28, 2008

Clouds, trees, poles, and bugs

Twister
Once again it has been a little while since I posted to my blog here. This storm did not look as menancing as some I've seen, but the clouds were reaching all the way to the ground (a little hard to see here) and seemed to be increasingly confined to a narrowing expanse as the storm front moved along. I think it probably would have developed into a weak tornado if it hadn't hit the mountain that it ran into soon after I took this picture. Fortunately I didn't run into anything while I was chasing it.


The next day I was doing some more geocaching. See? More trees.


I also visited this spot where people fly model airplanes.


Said model airplane, flying. I did not find the cache the first time I looked.


This is an entrance to the first stage of a multistage cache. I had to back out because I am large and the entrance is not, and the tunnel had about two inches of mucky mud on the bottom, so I could not crawl. Sooner or later I'll go back and crawl through the tunnel so I can find the coordinates to the next stage of the cache.


Spiders have also been a common theme. I think this may be a wolf spider. The problem is that there are hundreds of thousands of species of spiders. Anyway, this guy was just hanging out in the open, sitting on a rock, waiting for something to come along for him to capture, kill, and eat. Something maybe a little smaller than me.

Flag and Seth
One of the rare photos that have me in them in my blog. This picture was required to claim a find for one of the caches. I am big, but I am not as big as this flag.


Today I returned to the model airplane field and managed to find and log the cache here, despite all of these ants. There were a lot of them and they were none too happy about the removal or placement of this cache. I also had a first for the summer today in that I was bitten by a fly instead of a mosquito. Mosquitos, ticks, flies . . . I hope my immune system is up to all of this. So far so good.


Saturday, June 28, 2008 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment