Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some common geocaching themes


Critters are one of the things I commonly run into while geocaching. Most are usually in danger of being stepped on, including the one in this picture.


Fortunately, I spotted him. He was doing his best to remain motionless. But he was busted.


Would you believe there is a cache in here? Speaking of busted, I explained that to a cop who rolled up on me making very careful study of the environs surrounding this phone booth at 1:30 a.m. He didn't seem very interested in what I had to say. Maybe he was annoyed because I was telling him the truth and there wasn't anything he was prepared to do except go away and leave me alone. Which was good because I had to wait for him to go away so I could search some more.


These flags were flying over a memorial in Smithsburg. So it's Four Flags Over Smithsburg here.


Something I haven't quite figured out how to do is give a good vertical perspective using my camera. It seems to flatten everything out. This picture was taken from the top of a pretty steep 15 or 20 foot embankment, complete with signs to stay off of it, but you can't really tell. Or at least I can't. You were just supposed to stay off of the slope, by the way, there was a path coming around from the side that lead up to the top, where there were some benches, even.


Cemeteries seem to be a common theme lately, but I'm not sure why. But they are. So I saw a lot of cities of the dead this weekend. Unlike the police, they didn't bother me.


Lastly, I get to see a lot of evergreens, of all types. That's basically because the two closest cache series to my house have kind of a common theme that involve pine trees.


More pine trees!


Sunday, June 08, 2008 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment