Sunday, March 16, 2008

Intrepid and Geocaching


So now that my camera is finally back from being repaired, I can take a picture of my Intrepid. It’s fixed now, more or less. I can drive it. It still needs some routine maintenance. Plus it’s now leaking power steering fluid, which it didn’t do before the accident. That’s where the spots in the driveway came from. I put some stop-leak fluid in and am hoping for the best. Once the weather warms up, we’ll see how the air conditioning fared. Probably not well.


I can also take a picture of my new car, a 2007 Hyundai Azera. Here are my two cars together. I’ll drive the Azera on hot days . . . .


I am also the owner of a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx. After nearly three months, I finally went geocaching today. This is the site of the first cache I found, on the campus of the college not far from where I live. The cache here is a microcache, which means that the container is just big enough to hold a log of the people who found it, and that’s it.


This is the second cache site. The second cache is in here, somewhere. First you need the GPS device to figure out where the somewhere is, and then you need to find the cache in the somewhere. This cache container (a gun ammo box) was actually big enough to leave stuff in. But I just signed the log for now.


This is where my GPS device said the third cache should be. My coordinates were a little different. I was going to take a better picture, but my camera ran out of power. Or got cold. Or something. Anyway, it wouldn’t take any more pictures. All in all, it is fun to find the caches.


Sunday, March 16, 2008 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment