Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Walk In The Parks


Today I managed to find a couple caches I wasn't able to find before. For instance, you might remember an entry in my blog that had this picture in it. This is how Pangborn Park looked when I first started searching for the cache here.


And well, this is how it looked today when I found the cache.


From there, I proceeded to another nearby park. Just to confuse things, here is a picture of a pile of snow in the park.


The gazebo here holds another cache. The snow is in the lower left corner.


The park has several caches. One's here.


Finding the tree was nice, but it was on the other side of the park. Although it looked a lot like rain, it didn't rain much at all.


Did I notice?


Yes. Yes, I did.


Here is a picture of another spider--a recurring theme in geocaching, apparently. This one is rubber, at least.


I left that for yet another park, this one I had no recollection of ever having seen before. It was very small, but it had a cache in it somewhere.


Would the GPS take me to the nice merry-go-round, surrounded by cut grass?


Or would it take me back past this rusting drum into thick underbrush? If you guessed past the drum, you were right.


I found this random metal plate with a number 7 in the middle of all the brush.


I found the cache. This was in it. I don't know what it is, exactly.


I was getting hungry, so I went here to get a sub for dinner.


On the way home, I stopped by to get another cache that had eluded me before. This bat is a rubber bat stuffed between a down spout and the wall of a car wash. Nobody knows what it is doing there, but a lot of people who find the cache also find the bat.


This was the last cache find of the day. A neat container. It was pretty muddy, though. I would be remiss if I didn't point out the spider crawling across the eye.


Sunday, May 18, 2008 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment