Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another geocaching weekend


I know what you’re thinking. Did he fire six shots, or only five? Well to tell you the truth, in all the excitement, I lost count myself. So you have to ask yourself a question . . . do you feel lucky?


Bad news for you. I’ve got a lot of bullets here. Here being in Hagerstown next to a 257 year-old cannon, spoils of the Spanish-American War.


Yes, I’m geocaching again, crawling all over familiar places in Hagerstown that I see all the time but never take the time to stop and appreciate, like this very old church.


I am a fan of the letter W for obvious reasons.


Knock-knock. Nobody’s home.


No living-body, anyway. Geocaching is not for the faint of heart. This is one of two cemeteries I was in today.


This church was the church of the founder of Hagerstown. Lots of history in this blog.


Lots of ducks, too.


Did I mention history? These pictures are in chronological order. Don’t let the fact that we went from the time of the Spanish American War to before the Revolutionary War to the Civil War throw you. The pictures are definitely in the order I went to visit each cache site.


The Hagerstown Fire Dept. Training Academy is nearby.


The Special Ops Training Facility is also. I’ve been coming here the past four months for a class. Little did I know there was a cache close to it all along!


One reason there could be static on the line.


This is the burn building. Mostly wood shavings get burned here.


This is the tower. I’ve climbed through the second story window in this tower, and walked up all the way to the top inside.


The sewage treatment plant is also here, on 1 Clean Water Circle. The road is simultaneously aptly and poorly named.


Gooses. Like ducks, only bigger. And shaped differently. This might look remote but it is right in the middle of Hagerstown. Go figure.


Maybe instead of error messages, Windows should just do this if there is a problem.


More ducks.


Remember, dead snakes can still bite. Although not ones that are this dead. Plus it seems to be missing its head, anyway.


I didn’t have the information for the cache I was looking for, so I didn’t know what I was looking for. This almost looked fake, but it’s not.


I’m not sure what it is. But there were several on this tree. It looks like a curled-up caterpillar, but the inside is solid and fibrous, so it is not a bug of any sort.


And last, this was the second graveyard I went to today. This person has been buried without any sot of marker. Ending with an unmarked grave is kind of a downer. But that’s the way it is this time!

Saturday, April 05, 2008 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment