Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cruise Day 2

Day two technically began when I got back to my room after dinner and the show in the theater. When I got back, I found my bed made and different lights turned on.

There was also this thing on my bed. I do not know exactly what it is. I had heard that they made little towel animals. I just moved it over to the couch and went to bed. I did go out on the balcony before I went to bed, actually, so I made it a little longer still. I was up late the night before packing, got up really early to catch the early flight, and then spent the day in lines and walking around the ship, and then finally got back after midnight. It was a long day.

What that meant was that I spent the morning of my first "fun day at sea" in bed. But I did wake up before noon. I think. It was still daylight out when I took this picture, anyway. So this picture is supposed to show how we're out in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight anywhere.

Is this water ridiculously blue or what.

Eventually though, I spotted another ship. I was hoping for a pirate ship, but this one was just a barge.

A little later on, we got closer to the barge, and I employed the zoom feature on my camera to get a little more detail on the barge.

I took this picture just to contrast the water color with the picture I took back at Port Canaveral.

Some clouds started to come nearer to the ship. In the distance you can see yet another ship.

Closer to the storm and the other ship.

Here's a closer look at that ship.

But with that, we were in the storm. Storms weren't too bad this trip considering that there were three active hurricanes all in tis region at the same time. Every once in a while there would be a really bright lightning strike followed by a loud thunderclap. It was great. If I were the captain, and I didn't care about my job, the ship, or my safety, I would sail into these things all the time. The sea on this day wasn't too bad.

Along with rain, fog. A lot of activities for the "fun day at sea" were scheduled indoors on the ship, so the rain didn't really affect them. It's not like I ever had to go outside to eat.

This is the only problem I had. It's water rising up around my feet from the storm. That kind of thing could get to be a problem, you know. But the water stopped rising. The rest of my fun day at sea was either spent resting, eating, or going to shows that they don't allow people to take pictures of. So this blog entry might be a little thin. If you feel cheated, just look at the nice blue water up there.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 

Category: Life

No comments:

Post a Comment